Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Greyest Area

No introduction needed. I'm just finna go straight into this one.

iFeel like I'm trapped in the greyest area. Allow me to explain: the grey area is the precise median between blacc and white. These are literal representations of the colors. However, in this dissertation they are just examples. To resume in what iWas saying, iAm trapped in the greyest area, stucc in the exact middle of every opinion. Much like the Yin-Yang of Taoism, it's almost a perfect balance of everything that can be said of me. In a way this view is grey itself, in that it is between being a good thing, and being a bad thing. All that is in opposition compares me to it's counterpart. Let me begin on where my greyness emerges:

The bad people see me as a good boy, but the good people see me as a negative influence.
Those weaker than me see me as an image of strength, but those stronger ones see me as frail.
Those negative people say I'm too optimistic, but those optimists see an antagonist.
Most rebels would say I'm too assimilated, but those conformists would call me an Anarchist.
A lot of unintelligent people would say I'm brilliant, but most geniuses claim that I'm average.
Most neglected people would call me handsome, but those adored one say I'm "less than perfect."
Most niggas would call me an Oreo, but a lot of white kids would say I'm ghetto.
Most outcasts would say I'm too admired, but those that set the standards would claim that I'm lame.
Level-headed people say I'm too quicc to anger, but hot heads say iDon't respond quicc enough.
Gangstas see me as one who can't hold his own, but HPD sees me as another statistic.
Those that don't know me assume they do, and those that do act like I'm not the same nigga anymore.
You might think that iDon't fit in anywhere, but iKnow iCan blend in everywhere.
Some people think I'm unimpressive, but someone out there thinks I'm awesome. (haha)

They may say I'm not royal at all, but iSay I'm The King Of H34rts, and iStand by that
Because to be the king of something so misunderstood, you have to take in the full benefit of what it has to offer, and all the pain that comes with it.

Fear exists as a lacc of Courage. Hate exists as a lacc of Love. Selfishness exists as a lacc of Empathy.
If you don't have the COURAGE to LOVE, then you can show no EMPATHY.
If you don't FEAR the pain of HATE, you can become SELFISH.
However, reality brings me bacc to square 1; the fact that my strength is my weakness, and my weakness is my strength puts me bacc into....
The Greyest Area

- River D. aka The King Of H34rts
8/29/2011 12:23 am

No comments:

Post a Comment